9.10.2006

To Dallas...

Tonight was quite an occasion for a very special person to me. My dear friend, Jason, was ordained into the ministry tonight by FBC. I was honored to serve on the ordaining council. I have known Jason for almost 10 years. I have seen him grow up from a young high school student, move onto Clemson and finally become a divinity school graduate who has accepted a call to become an associate pastor at a church in Dallas. As happy as I am for him (and his wonderful fiance, Carrie), part of me is sad that he will be moving so far away. Sounds like I'm going to have to plan a trip to Dallas! 2006 will be a huge year for him as he has graduated from Divinity School, gotten a job, become ordained into the ministry and will be getting married in October. The church is Dallas is VERY lucky to have Jason and Carrie coming to be a part of their church family - I hope they realize just how lucky they are! They will be truly blessed.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Yay! for trips to the big D!