I can't believe it! Mason started public school Kindergarten on August 17. There is just no way she can possibly be old enough to go to "big girl school!" I really feel like she was just born. 
We've been looking forward to this day all summer. There were a few butterflies in her tummy, but not may. In fact, she wanted me to drop her off in the carpool line instead of walking her in to her class the first day. I told her I needed to take her in that day...for me! She skipped down the hall - leaving me in the dust! I went off to the "Sip 'n Sob" in the cafeteria right after dropping her off. There was no sobbing from me - I'm excited about this new adventure in her life. She is at such a fun age - I don't miss the baby stage at all!
We were really excited to find out that her best buddy from the neighborhood pool was in her class. They had tons of fun playing together at the pool so I know it was nice to be in the same class. Her teacher has been teaching kindergarten at that school for 31 years and taught some of our favorite people, the youngest of which is now in college! We seem to be off to a great year!
Kate had a special morning, too. Cara came to see Mason off to school for the first time and to take Kate out for a special treat - Krispy Kreme! They ran a couple of Cara's errands and then hit the "doughnut shop" for a special treat. It was hard on Kate that Mason was gone to school and she wasn't. I think she really missed her sister, but she was also really ready to go to school as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment