
...with no female/adult supervision! That sounds like trouble to me! Tedd and 3 guys spent a week canoeing in the Boundary Waters - the boundary of Minnesota & Canada, that is. His 3 canoeing buddies - all retired guys - drove the many, many hours from here to Ely, Minnesota. Since poor Tedd has to support his charming family of girls and has limited vacation days, he had to fly in. They had a great time acting like middle school boys...doing all those things they aren't allowed to do when their wives are around!

They went through an outfitter that has been planning these trips for years and it all seemed to go on without a hitch. They spent the night at the outfitters "bunk house" before putting in on Saturday (Sept. 9, which also happened to be Tedd's birthday - Happy Birthday, Tedd!). They had everything they needed for 5 nights between the 2 canoes. Tedd borrowed a fishing rod from a friend and actually had a great time fishing! There's even proof that he caught some decent sized fish! The pictures are fantastic - we live in a beautiful country! He says he can't wait to take me and the girls back there one day - maybe when they're about 9 & 10. I'd love it! It was definitely a trip I wanted to go on...just not with 4 guys! I'm not sure I could have handled that!
We are really glad he had such a great trip, but we were definitely very happy to see him when he got home a week later. He (and I) hope that we are doing such great things 20 years from now, like his canoeing buddies. If I can get some more details from Tedd, I'll add them to the blog, but this will have to suffice for now!
1 comment:
Ooooo, that last picture is an excellent one! That's just beautiful.
Post a Comment