For those of you who actually read this to keep up with the goings-on of the garner clan, I must apologize for my lack of blogging. I'm not exactly sure why I am so far behind, but I am. I realized I hardly kept you up to speed this summer and now we're rapidly coming up on Christmas. I'll try to give a brief overview of summer in this edition and see what i can do to catch you up!
We truly had a great summer! We took our annual trip to that most wonderful place known as Edisto Beach. This year, we rented a house with my parents and brother & sister-in-law. It was great to be together in one place this year (in the past, we've been in 2 smaller places). I think the best part to the girls, aside from having Nan, Pop-Pop, John-John & Aunt Nell at their beck & call, was the apple green golf cart that came with the house! They loved being able to go everywhere on the golf cart - it was quite a treat! We thought the house was so great that we've already booked it for 2008.
We then had our annual 4th at the Farm Party with our Sunday School class. This was the 7th year of this awesome party. We owe many thanks to Lisa's parents for hosting us each year. The kids love it. The parents love that the kids are getting older and enjoy playing and swimming and don't have to be held all of the time! We figure it won't be too many more years when our kids will be old enough for us to stay until dark and do fireworks. I know the dad's are looking forward to those days!
The next week the girls and I went to Fripp with the Whatley's. We did that last year and had such a great time that we were invited back! I think we have stumbled upon another summer tradition! The kids had a ball. Mason learned that it's fun to have a Playstation. She was excited that she beat Thomas several times while playing MLB!
At the end of July, both girls went to camp. Mason went to Microscope Camp at Furman, which is a nature/science camp. She loved it! It met every day from 9-4 for a week. On the last day, she asked if she could do the 2-week version next summer. I would say that it was a success! If I can get around to it, I might try to scan in some pictures and write more about that camp. It was an awesome experience. While Mason was digging in the dirt, Kate was twirling around like a princess. She went to a Princess Dance Camp and LOVED it! Because of that week, she is now taking dance! I've got some pictures that I'll try to download and put on here. It was a great week for both girls.
We were supposed to go to Pennsylvania for a week like we have the past few summers, but I broke my leg the Wednesday before we were supposed to leave. Maybe we'll be able to make that happen next summer because we always have a great time!
The girls were signed up for Vacation Bible School, but ended up going to Savannah to spend a week with PaPaw & Grandma. It was a great help to me since I was still on crutches. I think I owe Linda & Tim big for that one! By the time they got home, the summer was almost over and it was time to head back to school! However, I think we can chalk Summer 2007 as a great one!
Right before school started, Tedd and I were lucky enough to go on a cruise with some IKON people. I'll work on blogging about that later - it was awesome!
Sorry for the cliffs notes version, but it's all I've got right now :-)
11.16.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment