This is what Mason wanted for Christmas! We were sitting around the dinner table a few weeks before Christmas and I asked Mason what she wanted. Her reply was quick, "That's easy, Mom - I only want one thing." "What is that?" I replied. "A magical snowman that can talk and will grant all of my wishes!" Needless to say, Tedd and I had to hold back the laughter. We weren't sure where you can find one of these magical snowmen...surely not at Target! What in the world were we going to get her for Christmas!? Anytime we asked her what she wanted, that was her answer. Tedd had decided that we should put a bucket of water with "a corn cob pipe and a button nose and 2 eyes made out of coal" floating in the water. No matter how funny that was to the adults who heard that, we decided it wouldn't be worth the years of therapy that would cause!
So...what did we finally decide on? Mason got a bunch of Polly Pocket stuff - and stuff it is. It's a million tiny pieces of clothing and accessories for these tiny plastic dolls. I don't know why in the world I did that to myself, but I couldn't find the magical snowman so what was I to do!? She got lots of other stuff, too, that and a hot-pink pappason chair were the Santa gifts.
Kate, on the other hand, was much easier! All she wanted from Santa was a stethoscope! Anytime she talked about Christmas she mentioned that Santa was going to bring her a "stetascope!" That was easily found at Target! Santa also brough her a hot-pink pappason chair and a Barbie keyboard. The keyboard has a cartridge which plays 3 pop songs, one of which is "Oops, I Did it Again." It is a funny sight to come around the corner hearing Kate sing that song. I think she is soooo going to be a bubble gum pop princess! What are we going to do!?
All in all we had a great Christmas. Both of my brothers and my sister-in-law were here so we did a lot of hanging our at Nan & Pop-Pop's house. We went on our annual excursion to Hollywild, where we had a zebra stick it's head in the door and give Kate lots of kisses...which she loved! Uncle John-John took the girls out on a date one afternoon. They went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and then he braved the movie theater and took them to see Happy Feet. They all seemed to have a fun time!
As nice as the holidays are, I am very glad to be back in the normal routine of life, even though it's not the most normal or routine thing around! Here's to a great 2007!
1.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe that there isn't any mention or pics of Mason's 1st "rock star".
Post a Comment